The Black Diamond 8.9 is an ultralight single rope purpose-built for your redpoint burns. With its sleek diameter and dry-treated core and sheath, this cord is built for high performance, whether you’re tying in for a burn on your project or roping up under a frozen pillar.
This product will be shipped directly from Black Diamond and will leave their warehouse in 2-3 business days. Eligible for UPS ground shipping only.
- Dry Performance – With a core and sheath that are dry treated, Black Diamond’s dry-treated ropes are protected against weather from the inside out. Meets UIAA water-repellent requirement.
- 2X2 Woven Sheath – Utilizing a 2X2 weave construction, the standard sheath is built to withstand everyday use
- Durability and Handling Balance – Purpose-built to balance both durability and great handling, these ropes are not too stiff and not too soft, giving you a great-feeling rope that knots easily, feeds through your belay device with ease, and holds up to a barrage of uses
- Half/twin ropes must be used in pairs. Do not use as a single rope
- Rope Type: Single/Half/Twin
- UIAA Factor Falls: [single] 5 [half] 16 [twin] 29
- Weight Per Meter: 52 g (1.83 oz.)
- Static Elongation: 6.9%
- Dynamic Elongation: [single] 33% [half] 30% [twin] 27%
- Impact Force: [single] 8.7kN [half] 6.1kN [twin] 9.6kN
- Sheath: Dry 2X2 Woven Sheath
- Sheath Slippage: 0.1%
- Half Mark: Yes
|Country of Origin||Imported|