Just because you live in the city doesn't mean you can't teach your kids an appreciation of the great outdoors! Outdoors with Kids: New York City: 100 Fun Places to Explore In and Around the City, by Cheryl and William de Jong-Lambert, will lead you to close-to-home places to hike, bike, paddle, swim, or just run around.
- Includes 100 family-friendly outdoor destinations near NYC
- Icons for each destination tell you whether it’s good for swimming, camping, or biking
- Offers trip-planning tips, safety advice, and recommendations for keeping kids engaged and excited about being outdoors
- Includes both GPS coordinates and public transport directions to make getting there a breeze
- Icons let you know which destinations are stroller or dog friendly, which parks require an entrance fee, and for which age group the destination is best suited
- “The 10 Best” lists show you at a glance which urban hikes lead to parks, which areas are the most historical, which areas were industrial lands reclaimed for parks, and which areas are favorites of the authors’ children
- The “At-a-Glance Trip Planner” shows you the most important details at once so you can plan a trip effortlessly
- Each location includes a “Plan B” in case the weather—or your child—decides not to cooperate with your original plans
- Detailed maps for each location show you the important things like restrooms, parking lots, and destination highlights
- 2012, first edition, 255 pages
- Paperback, 9 x 6 x 0.6 in.
|Country of Origin||Imported|